I'm an Assistant Professor in cryptography at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. My research focuses on improving the security of Internet cryptography protocols such as SSL/TLS and SSH.
My research interests include:
- Applied cryptography: provable security; key exchange; digital signatures; public key encryption; client puzzles / proofs of work; elliptic curve cryptography; quantum cryptography
- Internet security: network security protocols (SSL/TLS, SSH, Tor); privacy; PKI; authentication; usability
K. Cohn-Gordon, C. Cremers, B. Dowling, L. Garratt, D. Stebila. In IEEE EuroS&P 2017.
C. Boyd, C. Cremers, M. Feltz, K. G. Paterson, B. Poettering, D. Stebila. In International Journal of Information Security, 2017.
M. Bellare, B. Poettering, D. Stebila. In PKC 2017.
B. Poettering, D. Stebila. In International Journal of Information Security, 2017.
I'm fortunate to be able to travel a lot. I take lots of pictures on my trips. The best of my photos are posted in my galleries. My most recent galleres are:
Great Barrier Reef
I have a blog. I have not been very good at updating it lately, but here are my most recent posts:
- 2015-12-03: Visiting Hobbiton
- 2014-10-19: Hiking in Trondheim
- 2014-09-14: Northern lights in Trondheim
- 2014-08-03: Seeing planes in Seattle
- 2014-02-24: Window seat view of Sydney