I'm an Associate Professor of cryptography in the Department of Combinatorics & Optimization at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My research focuses on improving the security of Internet cryptography protocols such as SSL/TLS and SSH, and developing practical quantum-resistant cryptosystems.
My research interests include:
- Applied cryptography: key exchange protocols; post-quantum cryptography; digital signatures; public key encryption; client puzzles / proofs of work; elliptic curve cryptography; quantum cryptography
- Internet security: network security protocols (SSL/TLS, SSH, Tor, …); public key infrastructure (PKI); authentication
J. Goertzen, D. Stebila. 2022.
P. Kampanakis, D. Stebila, T. Hansen. Internet-Draft, November 2022.
T. Güneysu, P. Hodges, G. Land, M. Ounsworth, D. Stebila, G. Zaverucha. In ACM CCS 2022.
S. Celi, J. Hoyland, D. Stebila, T. Wiggers. In ESORICS 2022.
I'm fortunate to be able to travel a lot. I take lots of pictures on my trips. The best of my photos are posted in my galleries. My most recent galleres are:
Italy and San Marino
I have a blog. I have not been very good at updating it lately, but here are my most recent posts:
- 2020-04-20: Joint Statement on Contact Tracing
- 2019-01-30: NIST Post-Quantum Crypto Standardization project round 2
- 2017-08-28: Crypto 2017 conference report
- 2015-12-03: Visiting Hobbiton
- 2014-10-19: Hiking in Trondheim