I'm an Associate Professor working on cryptography in the Department of Combinatorics & Optimization at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My research focuses on improving the security of Internet cryptography protocols such as SSL/TLS and SSH, and developing practical quantum-resistant cryptosystems.
My research interests include:
- Applied cryptography: key exchange protocols; post-quantum cryptography; digital signatures; public key encryption; client puzzles / proofs of work; elliptic curve cryptography; quantum cryptography
- Internet security: network security protocols (SSL/TLS, SSH, Tor, …); public key infrastructure (PKI); authentication
C. Boyd, A. Mathuria, D. Stebila. Springer, 2018.
E. Alkim, R. Avanzi, J. W. Bos, L. Ducas, A. de la Piedra, P. Schwabe, D. Stebila. Submission to the NIST Post-Quantum Cryptography standardization project, November 2017.
E. Alkim, J. W. Bos, L. Ducas, K. Easterbrook, B. LaMacchia, P. Longa, I. Mironov, M. Naehrig, V. Nikolaenko, C. Peikert, A. Raghunathan, D. Stebila. Submission to the NIST Post-Quantum Cryptography standardization project, November 2017.
P. Gauravaram, S. Hirose, D. Stebila. In ATIS 2017.
I'm fortunate to be able to travel a lot. I take lots of pictures on my trips. The best of my photos are posted in my galleries. My most recent galleres are:
I have a blog. I have not been very good at updating it lately, but here are my most recent posts:
- 2017-08-28: Crypto 2017 conference report
- 2015-12-03: Visiting Hobbiton
- 2014-10-19: Hiking in Trondheim
- 2014-09-14: Northern lights in Trondheim
- 2014-08-03: Seeing planes in Seattle