I'm an Assistant Professor in cryptography at McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. My research focuses on improving the security of Internet cryptography protocols such as SSL/TLS and SSH.
My research interests include:
- Applied cryptography: provable security; key exchange; digital signatures; public key encryption; client puzzles / proofs of work; elliptic curve cryptography; quantum cryptography
- Internet security: network security protocols (SSL/TLS, SSH, Tor); privacy; PKI; authentication; usability
K. Cohn-Gordon, C. Cremers, B. Dowling, L. Garratt, D. Stebila. In IEEE EuroS&P 2017.
M. Bellare, B. Poettering, D. Stebila. In PKC 2017.
M. Bellare, B. Poettering, D. Stebila. In ASIACRYPT 2016.
D. Stebila, M. Mosca. In SAC 2016.
I'm fortunate to be able to travel a lot. I take lots of pictures on my trips. The best of my photos are posted in my galleries. My most recent galleres are:
Great Barrier Reef
I have a blog. I have not been very good at updating it lately, but here are my most recent posts:
- 2015-12-03: Visiting Hobbiton
- 2014-10-19: Hiking in Trondheim
- 2014-09-14: Northern lights in Trondheim
- 2014-08-03: Seeing planes in Seattle
- 2014-02-24: Window seat view of Sydney