I'm an Associate Professor of cryptography in the Department of Combinatorics & Optimization at the University of Waterloo in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. My research focuses on improving the security of Internet cryptography protocols such as SSL/TLS and SSH, and developing practical quantum-resistant cryptosystems.
My research interests include:
- Applied cryptography: key exchange protocols; post-quantum cryptography; digital signatures; public key encryption; client puzzles / proofs of work; elliptic curve cryptography; quantum cryptography
- Internet security: network security protocols (SSL/TLS, SSH, Tor, …); public key infrastructure (PKI); authentication
E. Eaton, D. Stebila, R. Stracovsky. In LATINCRYPT 2021.
E. Eaton, D. Stebila. In PQCrypto 2021.
D. Stebila, S. Fluhrer, S. Gueron. Internet-Draft, July 2021.
S. Celi, P. Schwabe, D. Stebila, N. Sullivan, T. Wiggers. Internet-Draft, July 2021.
I'm fortunate to be able to travel a lot. I take lots of pictures on my trips. The best of my photos are posted in my galleries. My most recent galleres are:
Life in Ontario
I have a blog. I have not been very good at updating it lately, but here are my most recent posts:
- 2020-04-20: Joint Statement on Contact Tracing
- 2019-01-30: NIST Post-Quantum Crypto Standardization project round 2
- 2017-08-28: Crypto 2017 conference report
- 2015-12-03: Visiting Hobbiton
- 2014-10-19: Hiking in Trondheim