I'm a Senior Lecturer in cryptography at the Queensland University of Technology in Brisbane, Australia. My research focuses on improving the security of Internet cryptography protocols such as SSL/TLS and SSH.
My research interests include:
- Applied cryptography: provable security; key exchange; digital signatures; public key encryption; client puzzles / proofs of work; elliptic curve cryptography; quantum cryptography
- Internet security: network security protocols (SSL/TLS, SSH, Tor); privacy; PKI; authentication; usability
My full list of publications is available here. My most recent papers are:
B. Hale, C. Boyd, S. F. Mjølsnes, D. Stebila. In CT-RSA 2016.
F. Moghimifar, D. Stebila. In AISC 2016.
J. Alawatugoda, D. Stebila, C. Boyd. In IMA Cryptography & Coding 2015.
B. Dowling, M. Fischlin, F. Günther, D. Stebila. In ACM CCS 2015.
I'm fortunate to be able to travel a lot. I take lots of pictures on my trips. The best of my photos are posted in my galleries. My most recent galleres are:
I have a blog. I have not been very good at updating it lately, but here are my most recent posts:
- 2014-10-19: Hiking in Trondheim
- 2014-09-14: Northern lights in Trondheim
- 2014-08-03: Seeing planes in Seattle
- 2014-02-24: Window seat view of Sydney
- 2014-02-02: Visiting Seattle, Raleigh, and New York